Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Quiet time.

I am slowly comng to appreciate quiet time. The time, early in the morning when it's just me and the pooch. The calm before the storm, the (relative, she is a puppy after all) stillness before the madness of mornings before school.
Me and the pooch have our easy routine. She goes out for morning ablutions whilst I stick the kettle on. She eats breakfast, I prepare packed lunches and do all the other jobs in the kitchen I was too much of a slattern to complete the night before.
I am getting used to hearing the sounds of early morning I previously used to sleep through.

I just wish it wasn't so damn early.

6am is quite frankly an inhuman time to get up. Can we reset the worlds time table and have school start at 10am, have the pups get up at 8am and pooch wake at 7am. Life would then indeed be near to perfect. I get my quiet time but not at some ungodly hour in the morning.

Do you have a favourite time of day?

1 comment:

  1. i like those early mornings. time to just sit and ponder. set all good intentions out for the day (whether you follow them through or not is a different matter!). Those summer/spring morning when the sun is shining are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)