Those people that know me well know that I don't eat much fruit. Apples, bananas and at a push red seedless grapes. I know I should eat more fruit and I adore the taste of oranges for example but its the flesh that makes me gag. But cooking fruit in a cake must be surely a better way of getting my 5 a day no?
Four rapidly over ripening conference pears needed using or throwing in the bin. So a quick Google and found a recipe for pear and chocolate cake. I was sold.
Recipe called for blanched hazelnuts which were then ground. No way could I be bothered with that faff so ground almonds had to do. And very acceptable they were too.
Heaven on a plate.
Now not sure I am ever going to embrace proper fruit cake or even carrot cake (sorry I just can't get behind that concept LOL) but is a decidedly good way for me to use up the pears I bought to be virtuous and then promptly ignored ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)