The humble dandelion. The scourge of many a garden. But in the green spaces around where I live the grass is liberally sprinkled with daisies and dandelions. Their sunny yellow is gorgeous to see but for me that's not the best bit. I turn into a 5 year old when I see the spent heads in all their fluffyness. When I was little me and my best friend thought seeds like this were fairies and I remember catching on and keeping it in a polystyrene container and punching air holes in the lid.
So when I see them I want to relive those happy moments and be 5 again. Because we don't stop playing because we grow old.....we grow old because we stop playing. And I am not ready to get old.
I also discovered it's not as easy as you think to get a picture of the seeds blowing away when you have to be the one providing the breeze.....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)