Being of the thrifty nature I packed a picnic and a flask of hot chocolate (I love autumn picnics) and we headed off to Westonbirt. Judging by the queue of cars waiting to get in and the sheer hoards of people we weren't the only ones who had the bright idea of a visit. That was borne out of the fact that afterwards the play area was HEAVING and I even managed to bumped into two friends in the toilet facilities.
Large number of people aside it was worth going, albeit probably a week or two too late to see the acers in all their magnificent glory but there were still some fabulous trees to see.
We were blessed with some stunning Autumn sunshine
I have no idea what tree this was but in the sun the canopy was a brilliant green
Some stunningly tall trees.
This was like a sky of green stars :)
Flaming reds and orange hues
Some fun guy's. Geddit?
This made me think of the Rock Trolls from Frozen. I have seen that movie waaaay too much.
The mighty redwood. Ah-mazing.
Pup2 collecting leaves. Both kids were fascinated with reading the Latin names and the countries where the trees originate from.
We are heading back to Westonbirt in December for the Enchanted Christmas trail. I really hope the trees look as beautiful in the dark as they did in the gentle Autumn sunshine. Happy days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)