I really don't know where the time goes to each day but over this scorching weekend I tackled a couple of things soon to be deemed the dreaded "work in progress".
A trip to local park with the pups yielded a significant amount of horse chestnuts. I've been slowly collecting what I could of these in order to create a horse chestnut tincture.
What? you may ask. Well as much as I dearly love my beloved pups they have kind of left the body in a less than perfect condition, variocose veins rule. So having borrowed a copy of James Wong's Grow Your Own Drugs from local library I was intrigued to find a recipe for varicose veins. You can buy creams online which contain horse chestnut extract for this very thing but why pay when you can forage for free.
Horse chestnut vodka anyone? Not for internal use. I am soaking the horse chestnuts and will blitz them in the food processor in a couple of days. It won't be a cheaper remedy if it knackers my kitchen equipment in the process. Once blitzed it needs to be left for a month and then the final step of the process can be started.
If you ever wondered what happens when you park a hot scooter exhaust near a brand new, unused tent kept in the garage.....well this it it. Well actually it's not just it as there is another dinner plate sized hole in the ground sheet along with a number of smaller holes in outer fly sheet. So in the heat of the weekend I decided to take the plunge and wrestle the tent into it's upright position. I now have a long list of various sized holes which now need to be repaired. That calls for a trip to the not so local camping shop to buy the tools required. Here's hoping the repairs won't cost as much the tent did in the beginning.
And finally (said in the style of Trevor MacDonald). It was Pup1's birthday a few days ago. Is this the perfect present? Galaxy Marble Run........contains everything a small pup could wish for.....marbles, a theme suited to his special interest of everything space, flashing lights, intricate twists and turns. Hubby and I spent ALL day (I kid you not) putting this hideous present together in our sweltering hot lounge. It didn't work properly once errected (the instructions required a degree in engineering to read....OK slight exaggeration but they were a pig to read) and appeared to be the biggest let down of all. So much so the following morning Pup1 dismantled the entire thing.
Disappointed? I was so gutted I could have cried. Next time I think something is the perfect present I shall think twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)