Sunday, 1 January 2012

A new dawn, it's a new day.....

So the end of one year and a start of another. Hello 2012.

I like new, fresh starts.
Don't understand all the hype and celebration of New Years Eve. I prefer to quietly look forward to new challenges of the new year rather than over excitement at the change of the date. i suspect some of this attitude is a come down after the Christmas festivities and the realisation that it will all soon be over.

I don't make resolutions but I would be lying if I said I didn't have goals for the coming months. But for some reason I prefer goals, sounds less all or nothing than a resolution, more flexible and adaptable.

The laptop is still being a total PITA and I gave up trying to get it to upload my pics of the Christmas cake I decorated. It was either give up or risk throwing the lappy out of the window.
I will leave you with the sound of Nina Simone. This song never fails to give me chills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck

Happy New Year, hope it brings you all your hearts desires.

1 comment:

  1. Love this song, although my flatmate had it set on his Cd alarm clock and woke me up with it EVERY morning when the 'DUM, de-DUM, de-DUM' bit came in. Hope your year brings interesting things...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)