Sunday, 8 January 2012

A Tale of Robbie and Donna.....

This is a very late post for covering my Christmas cake but since the laptop has stopped playing silly beggars for now I am seizing the opportunity.
It was originally intended to be Rudolph but having subsequently made his companion someone suggested that he in actual fact looked like Robbie the Reindeer.


Any likeness to Robbie is purely unintentional, a happy accident.

The figures were made weeks ahead of time and whilst completely edible wouldn't taste as nice having hung around so far in advance.
Donna, crossing her legs and looking demure, I even drew on eyelashes for her.
Robbie. He and Donna have had a few bottles of festive Champers whilst sitting in the frosty snow. Don't worry these bottles will be recycled. Even reindeer like to do their "bit" for the environment ;)
The Christmas tree was something I played around with at my final cake decorating class and I decided to bung it on top to help fill the space. Add to that small snowballs around the edge and voila a Christmas cake I will eat :) Did I not mention it was a sponge.....I don't like fruit cake.
Sadly Robbie and Donna had to be thrown away as both their legs broke (well truth be told Donna's legs fell off just as I was transferring her to the top if the cake, thank heavens for edible glue).

Apologies for the lack of blogging lately, here's to a trouble free 2012 with the laptop. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww! That looks so yummy, I like the snowballs round the edge coz they make it look even more festive. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)