Welcome to British summer ;)
Wet, wet, wet. And I don't mean the group ;)
You wouldn't believe the giddy feeling I endured stepping onto the front of the tram to take this picture. Vertigo city! Legs felt like jelly and I quickly retreated! Its over 800 feet straight down!
You can see why the Cliff Railway was built! Poor packhorses having to lug goods up a hill that steep!
The only evidence on Saturday that the sun did shine.
Faux lobster pot anyone? In my ignorance I am assuming that's what it is.
Stationery porn. I love racks of post cards.
Ordinary housebrick turned into nearly a thing of beauty.
Pup1 and Luna having their first taste of the sea. Seconds after this a wave swept over wellies of Pup1 forcing a hasty retreat and a fall face first into the water. Trip to Lynton was curtailed shortly after that due to lack of foresight of bad mummy not packing any spare clothes....
However the weather the following day more than made up for it.
Can't wait to head back to Devon later in the year :)
All our childhood hols were to North Devon, such memories. And it Never rained! My over riding memory of Lynmouth is my little sis throwing her red rattle into the sea. I am aching to go back, love that part of the world. Ax
ReplyDelete