It was that lull between Christmas and New Year and the post festive lethargy was getting on my nerves along with a smidge of cabin fever. There were some protests about going for a WALK but I promptly countered with the promise of a flask of hot chocolate to take with us. It would appear that hot chocolate can be a bit of a deal breaker in these situations.
I already had a destination in mind and it was the perfect day for it.
The Ridgeway. Supposedly Britain's oldest road.
We weren't the only people out taking advantage of the fine weather.
The recent cold spell meant lots of frozen puddles waiting to be smashed.
It stretches for miles over the downs.
The perfect spot to linger and drink in the views
Although the sun was out visibility was quite hazy. In the very far, far distance is the Lansdowne Monument at Cherhill.
The sky was an amazing shade of blue.
I felt positively rejuvinated. Perfect winter sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)