Tuesday, 12 July 2011

The E Word, Part Deux

Have you ever read the poem by Jenny Joseph called Warning which mentions wearing more purple? Well I am embracing some of principles in the poem, wearing more purple is one of them. So imagine my delight when I whizzed up to my local sports shop to finally buy myself a pair of new trainers worthy of exercise.
Aren't they just beautiful :) No dull and boring pastel shades here. And in line with my MSE principles they were a bargain price of £75. Nooooooo only kidding they were originally £75 but I paid the princely sum of £18. Ahhhhhh that's better.
So there's no point having a pair of shoes if you're not going to use them. Remember I said I was going to write myself a schedule for my week and include exercise on there......well being the geek I am that's precisely what I did.
I know, I know, it's a teeny bit sad and does make my weeks appear to be something of a groundhog event BUT it's a guide. You can tell this because it's not written in stone ;)
I was finding if I didn't have a visual reminder then I was feeling unmotivated......you remember my Lists post? They are written for the same reason, if it's not in print it gets forgotten.
So as you can see I have my schedule for housework and it also includes referrences to HIIT and Yoga. I am pretty sure most of you are familar with what Yoga is but may be looking blankly at HIIT.
High Intensity Interval Training. Bloomin' hard work BUT the best part it takes 9-20 minutes. OK it's probably 9-20 minutes of sheer hell but I'll take that over slogging on a treadmill for hours anyday. With my small kids, craft projects, cooking, baking, general domestic goddess-ness I prefer exercise that I can shoe horn into my day. HIIT is the perfect tool for that. Only downside is you try skipping after having a couple of kids EEK!

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea of having everything in one schedule. I really must do something similar. Then I might actually do the dusting lol. ~x~

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)