I have my very first home made item of safety clothing. Sad I know, I bought the material cheap at Birmingham Rag Market and thought "I'm not paying £3.50 for kids high viz vests off Ebay when I can make them myself". Next time I have such an idea please give me a kick and tell me to pull myself together. The cost of mine is probably around £2 but when you factor in the time it's taking to make and the fact that mine don't have the reflective strips on.......well probably not worth it. But hey ho you make decisions you think are best at the time. I have the material so I might as well use it.
Made a paper pattern and used that to cut out the fabric.
Stitched the side seams and shoulder seams.
Added a load of black bias tape round the edges (the arms holes were a pig to do!) and voila a high viz vest. Perfect for spotting my charges amidst a throng of excited children at the park.
Will I cause a wave of fashion inspired by the Bob the Builder look? Of course, these vests are all the rage don't ya know ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)