Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Sleep.

Or lack of it. Here at Chez Bitsy the pups have been not the most slumberful of creatures. Which has meant life the last couple of days have felt more like surviving than living. I am a person who really needs 10 hours sleep, on a good day I generally get 8. Last couple of days it's been more like 6-7 which on paper doesn't sound a great loss but for me to function it's a big deal! If pups aren't enough to contend with then the killer cat has been doing her early morning prowl, chirruping away begging to be fed and let out.

So combine this with working full time and having 3-4 kids every day of the week boy oh boy I was ready to put my head down and sleep for England yesterday afternoon. My lack of energy was having a knock on effect on everything, housework was behind, eating mindfully went out of the window and everything was a huge effort.

So last night I made the effort to go to bed on time. For me this has to be no later than 10.30pm. We managed a whole night uninterupted until 6.30am. Do I feel like a new woman today or what :) OK I am still a little bit tired, one night isn't a complete catch up but the difference to my well being is amazing. So this morning I even felt like shaving, plucking and moisturising. Still having a bad hair day but hey 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

So it's time for me to break the bad habit of late bedtimes, treat my body better and go to bed on time. This way I'll feel better for it and more productive. Which is good because this just got delivered for Pup2.
<said in the style of Rolf Harris> can you guess what it is yet? The joys of internet shopping (with cashback of course) the only downside is the need to put everything together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)