Thursday, 13 September 2012

Around the corner

It's there. Lurking. Autumn I mean. The days are bright and sunny at the moment but noticeably cooler. The biggest thing I've noticed is the early morning damp mist when I walk Luna early in the morning. When these pictures were taken I was walking when the sun was rising. I noticed today that is no longer the case. Slowly but surely the daylight is retreating. We're heading towards my favourite time of year.



I love Spring and Summer and all their little pleasures but my heart belongs to the cooler months of the year, when the light is more scarce, the darkness creeps early and notions in my head of cosy nights infront of the fire.

If only we had a fire. Well least not a fake electric one which I never switch on because it costs too much to run.

Sorry were you a bit worried there I was getting a little bit whimsical. I love whimsy......just sadly my life in reality is far removed from whimsy I just can't fake it. I'd love to wax lyrical about how my heart soars when looking at a bunch of flowers in a pretty vase on my mantlepiece. But I can't. It doesn't. The only thing makes my heart flip* is the sight of the ocean which is sadly a veeeeeeeery long way from here.

So bring on Autumn and Winter and all that cosiness it has to offer. I've just bought a 13.5 tog duvet that needs a proper road test.


*family and all manner of pets excluded


PS. Pics were taken with my mobile phone. I love the fact that it has a 5m mega-whatsit-thingy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not very good at whimsy either. It's overrated. I like all the mists and mellow fruitfulness and the like, I just don't need to bimble on about it.

    I can't work my mobile phone's camera either. I think I should probably hand over my license to blog.

    (BTW, I tried to shoehorn something into my poem about little princesses but couldn't make it fit. And 'my ickle man' gives me the rage too. Your ex FB friend sounds like several of mine. )

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)