Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Make do and mend

Pup2 has started full time school. This means a pump bag is needed for PE kit. In the good old days I would have just gone out and bought one. However changes in home circumstances has made me stop and think. I have a sewing machine.......why not repurpose something else for the job.
An old v shaped pillowcase I had been given by a friend was perfect for the job and luckily matched some spare ribbon I had.

Now my sewing skills aren't the bees knees. I am not the sort of person who can whip up a dress in 5 minutes flat but even this took me far longer than it should have :o

 
Never mind, 'tis finished and ensconced on Pup2's peg at school and best of all it cost me nowt :)

2 comments:

  1. SmallerBean is starting school tomorrow. It is a very strange time when your last child starts school. I am not all clingy and weepy about it, but it does make me feel odd. Do you know what I mean? Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now in the run up to Pup2 starting I have felt weepy. And in fact cried. Perhaps you feel odd about being home alone? A semi empty nest? I confess I have rather quickly got over my weepiness and am enjoying getting stuck in to stuff at home lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)