Thursday, 8 September 2011

Adventures in Pastry

Friends of mine think shortcrust pastry is really difficult. I confess I don't find it troublesome but as you'll see below my efforts are not always that pretty.
Since Autumn appears to have started (one of my favourite times of year) I felt the urge to make some cockle warming cornish pasties. There will be pastie purists out there who will shriek in horror at the fact that I am not using swede but this is my version and one that I WILL eat.
All hail the food processor. Takes the faff out of making pastry and saves my fingers from all that endless rubbing together.

Having rolled out the dough pile on the filling. And pile I did.
Like said results not pretty, they look like pastry hedgehogs! Certainly not folded a nice and neat way. Basically it was the last of my plain flour, didn't quite have enough pastry for all my filling, I piled it in and some of the pastry was a bit thin in places and was threatening to break free ad it all had to be squeezed together! I am suprised they held together during cooking. Still as long as they taste OK that's what counts ;)

Actually I think when I serve these up for the pups I might tell them they are eating hedgehog. Or am I being a cruel mummy?

1 comment:

Leave a message, speak after the beep ;)