A couple of dolls. the one in the green dress is Amy who if memory serves was Holly Hobby's best friend. I am gutted I can't find Holly herself or Johnny who I also had. The doll in pink is the inspiration behind my MSE name and general avatar (on blogger too). She's nearly as old as me as she was a gift to me when I was a babe in arms. I had a bright pink babygro similar to the one she's wearing and thus my beloved late nan nicknamed me Bitsy Beans. The actual doll is called Bitty Beans but aside from the sentimental reasons I prefer Bitsy (Little Britain and David Walliams saying "bitty" anyone LOL).
A blanket which I remember using with my minature Silver Cross pram and doll (which I confess I didn't play with as much as I ought to, especially since the pram was extremely expensive gift). My other gran crocheted this blanket and backed it with cotton. There are a few pulls in places but I rather love the retro flower design, shows me to be a child of the mid 70's.
I haven't even got started on the assorted stuffed toys I have kept as they are buried in the loft. Maybe when I get started on decluttering up there I'll make a post just about them.
Have you kept any items from your childhood?
Evening Bitsy. You've got me thinking there. I might just do a little post of my childhood treasures which are scattered around BeanTowers. Love my old ted with his battered nose and grumpy face and my old rag doll who SmallerBean has taken a real shine to. Ax
ReplyDelete