Since it is officially Pup1's last day of Summer holidays I asked him if he would like a baking day. He LOVES to help bake (and of course lick the spoon clean) and I need some lunch box fodder for tomorrow. The sight of my two wee pups, stood on little chairs at the workstop helping me to weigh, measure, mix and pour is something I shall treasure.
The pups love their cheese straws and Pup1 always asks for them in the shape of gingerbread men.
Nice and easy recipe too:
6oz plain flour
3oz butter
cheese
cold water to bind
1/4 tsp of English Mustard powder
I just blitz the dry ingredients in my food processor til they are like breadcrumbs, add water little by little until there is a dough. Roll out and cut to desired shape. They are delish. Sadly a bit too moreish too and the pups were pestering for more than the couple they were given. I can see me making another batch before the week is out.
Chocolate Brownies. The best thing is these don't actually use any chocolate, it's all from cocoa powder. They are lush, especially warmed and served with ice cream ;)
I got the recipe from Sue at The Quince Tree although since these are for children I opted to leave out the nuts.
Pup1 is currently enjoying a break in the weather and making mud pies whilst pup2 is watching some Disney Princess film. I will be quite sad when this day draws to a close, it's been a happy day at home. You betcha it feels like a New Year to me, the end of one period and the start of another.
Chocolate Brownies. The best thing is these don't actually use any chocolate, it's all from cocoa powder. They are lush, especially warmed and served with ice cream ;)
I got the recipe from Sue at The Quince Tree although since these are for children I opted to leave out the nuts.
Pup1 is currently enjoying a break in the weather and making mud pies whilst pup2 is watching some Disney Princess film. I will be quite sad when this day draws to a close, it's been a happy day at home. You betcha it feels like a New Year to me, the end of one period and the start of another.
Feel the same but I haven't had the last day with the Smalls, sadly. Am planning a super delicious tea and tv watching for home time tomorrow. Ax
ReplyDelete